Pike County Courthouse

The Pike County Courthouse was built in 1866. The architect of the building is unknown. Located at 100 East Second St. in the county seat of Waverly, the building is still in use and today houses the Pike County Court of Common Pleas.

The courthouse is built of brick and features Italianate style architecture. In 1909, a three-story addition and small rooftop cupola were added. The addition is made of brick and features neoclassical style architecture. The original stone trim still accents the building.  There is also a jail adjoining the courthouse. 

Pike County is named in honor of Second Lt. Zebulon Pike Jr. of the Revolutionary War and explorer of the Louisiana Purchase country territory, in what became known as the “Pike Expedition.”